There are a number of ways you can make a payment to someone new:
You can make a payment to someone new in Online Banking by going to the ‘Pay and transfer’ menu on your homepage and selecting the ‘Make a payment’ link. Next, choose the account you want to make the payment from and how much you want to pay. Then select ‘Pay someone else’ and enter in their account details when prompted.
You’ll need to authorise this new payee using your PINsentry card reader or Mobile PINsentry so follow the onscreen instructions to do this. Once you’re happy that all of the payment details are correct, you can save the details so that you can use them the next time you want to make a payment to the same person/organisation. Select ‘Complete payment' to make the payment.
Watch our video to find out how to pay:
You can pay a person or company from your existing list of payees or you can add a new payee to your list*.
To pay a bill or a person:
1. Log in using your 5-digit passcode.
2. Tap the ‘Pay’ button on the bottom bar.
3. Choose the bill or person you want to pay and the account you want to pay from or select to ‘Add a new Payee’.
4. Then either manually add the payee or search for a company. If you want to add a new payee, you need to make the payment from an account with a debit card, and enter the card details (expiry date and CVV).
5. Enter the amount and choose whether you want to pay straightaway or set a date.
6. Tap ‘Pay’ to finish.
*Currently only available on iPhones, iPads and Android devices.
You can pay someone using Barclays Pingit whether you bank with us or not. You can either enter in their full UK mobile number, select them from your contact list or search for a business or charity from the business directory within the app. Next, you need to enter in the amount you want to pay. To send the payment, tap ‘Send payment’ and then tap the green ‘OK’ button to confirm.
Both you and the person you’re paying will receive a notification confirming that a payment has been made. If they’re registered with Barclays Pingit, they’ll receive the payment immediately. If they’re not, we’ll send them a text message asking them to register within 24 hours to receive their payment.
You can also use someone’s twitter ID registered with the Pingit account or search a business or charity from the directory within the app.
You can make a payment to someone new using Telephone Banking* (if you’re registered). Make sure to have their sort code and account number to hand when you call.
Personal customers – call 0345 734 5345
Premier customers – call 0800 924 7365
Business customers – call 0345 605 2345
* Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor or record phone calls. Call charges.
You can make a payment to someone new over the counter in branch so long as you have their sort code and account number.